Flex Pharma, Inc. is a biotechnology company that is developing innovative and proprietary treatments for cramps and spasms associated with the severe neurological diseases of ALS, MS and peripheral neuropathies such as Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT).
Flex Pharma has launched an exciting new consumer division with a breakthrough product designed to help endurance athletes improve and maximize performance. Invented by Rod MacKinnon, a Nobel Prize-winning neuroscientist/endurance athlete, HOTSHOT™ is the sports shot with a kick that is scientifically proven to prevent and treat muscle cramps. A scientific breakthrough in sports nutrition, HOTSHOT is a proprietary formulation of organic ingredients that boosts Neuro Muscular Performance – how an athlete’s nerves and muscles work together in an optimal way.
Translation? HOTSHOT stops muscle cramps where they start – at the nerve – allowing athletes to push harder, train longer and finish stronger. HOTSHOT is a non-GMO Project Verified, USDA Certified Organic product that is NSF Certified for Sport®.
If you would like to be considered for a position at Flex Pharma, please submit your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US. Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
The Manager, Finance & Accounting will be responsible for various aspects of accounting, financial reporting, planning and analysis for the Company’s Drug Development, Consumer and corporate operations. Reporting to the Associate Director, Finance & Accounting, the Manager, Finance & Accounting will play a hands-on role in budgeting, forecasting and analysis as well as the monthly accounting close. This highly visible role will act a key liaison with stakeholders across the Company and will have a high level of interaction with the Company’s senior management team.
In addition to the qualifications detailed below, the successful candidate will be a strong team-player who can thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment and is eager to assist others, and go the extra mile as necessary, to help the Company achieve its goals and objectives. This position will be based in the Company’s headquarters located in Boston, MA.
– Help establish effective processes to monitor and report on budget, actuals and forecast across the company’s Drug Development, Consumer Operations, and corporate segments
– Manage the monthly forecasting process by partnering with department managers to align the forecast with the most current business assumptions
– Assist with preparing budget and forecasts for management and board materials
– Work side-by-side with department managers to establish the annual budget and long range plan
– Provide expense forecasts and generate budget vs. actual reports, explanations of variances, and forecasted expenses
– Prepare various profitability analyses and other ad hoc reports for the Company’s revenue generating consumer product, HOTSHOT
– Collaborate with department managers and other members of the Finance department to ensure proper expense recognition in the Company’s financial statements as part of the monthly accounting close
– Lead monthly operating reviews with department managers and management team, highlighting key cost drivers and risks/opportunities
– Assist with preparation of financial presentations and supporting materials related to senior management and executive financial reviews, summary of quarterly results, board documents, and other initiatives
– Perform analysis and provide direction to ensure well informed investment and operating decisions
– Support the month end/quarter-end close process, including creation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analysis for selected functions
– Collaborate with other Finance and Accounting team members on ad-hoc projects, as requested
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
– Public accounting experience preferred (combination of public accounting and private industry experience a plus)
– MSA and CPA certification preferred
– At least 6 years of combined accounting and finance experience
– Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey ideas on complex issues, to make formal and informal presentations to management, and communicate effectively with inside and outside parties
– Proficient in using ERP systems (Great Plains preferred)
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to work independently and meet required deadlines
– High attention to detail while also being able to view ‘big picture’
– Excellent time management skills, with the ability to handle many priorities simultaneously
– Extremely collaborative with strong interpersonal skills
– Passion for what we are doing at Flex; embraces and lives the Flex values