Flex Pharma, Inc. is a biotechnology company that is developing innovative and proprietary treatments for cramps and spasms associated with the severe neurological diseases of ALS, MS and peripheral neuropathies such as Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT).
Flex Pharma has launched an exciting new consumer division with a breakthrough product designed to help endurance athletes improve and maximize performance. Invented by Rod MacKinnon, a Nobel Prize-winning neuroscientist/endurance athlete, HOTSHOT™ is the sports shot with a kick that is scientifically proven to prevent and treat muscle cramps. A scientific breakthrough in sports nutrition, HOTSHOT is a proprietary formulation of organic ingredients that boosts Neuro Muscular Performance – how an athlete’s nerves and muscles work together in an optimal way. Translation? HOTSHOT stops muscle cramps where they start – at the nerve – allowing athletes to push harder, train longer and finish stronger. HOTSHOT is a non-GMO Project Verified, USDA Certified Organic product that is NSF Certified for Sport®.
The HOTSHOT Team is looking for high energy, driven candidates who are as passionate about accelerating a business to explosive growth as our athletes are about accelerating to the finish line. If you would like to be considered for a position on the HOTSHOT team, please submit your CV to: CAREERS@TEAMHOTSHOT.COM.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally authorized to work for any employer in the US. Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Location: Boston, MA (Back Bay)
HOTSHOT is seeking a wildly creative and innovative Freelance Graphic Designer to lead the design and implementation of our visual identity across all media. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for designing and executing breakthrough, brand-appropriate concepts and materials for packaging, collateral, website, email campaigns, events and retail. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of design technology and conventions, coupled with a project management mindset to bring to bear against a variety of projects with tight timelines.
This role is for a self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and wants to have a big impact at a fast-growing company. In this role, you will shape the visual expression of the HOTSHOT brand and participate in the explosive growth of the business.
This position reports to the VP of Marketing.
– Be the HOTSHOT visual expert and authority responsible for producing breakthrough brand visuals in support of the brand strategy and marketing plan.
– Design and execute consumer experience of HOTSHOT at events and in-store.
– Lead full spectrum of production including layout, copy insertion, image import and proofing / review.
– Partner with external agencies on select projects.
– Manage multiple project timelines and track projects through to completion to ensure on-time delivery with excellence.
– Maintain an organized project library and asset repository.
– Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design / visual communications.
– Minimum 3 years’ graphic design experience across media (print, digital, print, ecommerce, packaging). Consumer package goods experience preferred.
– Personal passion for endurance athletics, sports, sports nutrition a plus.
– Highly organized, able to juggle multiple projects at once under tight deadlines while maintaining high level of accuracy and quality.
– Externally focused on cutting edge trends in design to keep your skills sharp and inspiration at hand.
– Strong proficiency in typography and design fundamentals. Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint and other industry software.
– Team oriented, collaborative and solution driven.
– Comfortable leading projects with limited oversight.
– Self-motivated, adaptable and fluid with change, able to lead action despite ambiguity.
– Stellar portfolio across media available for review.
– Available to work on-site at HOTSHOT offices in the Back Bay 3 days/week.